Monday, July 26, 2010

My Manly Men!

Our local public library has a wonderful summer reading program that my children like to participate in. Each week, if they have met their reading goals, they can go to the library to receive a prize. Part of this week's prize was a mini-poster. Kyle knew what he wanted instantly. He chose (from a pile of various Harry Potter posters) a poster of Hermione Granger. When we got home, Kyle excitedly taped his poster to the front of his bedroom door.

Upon seeing the poster on the door, Cameron said, "What is this!?! Now people will think our room belongs to a girl!" I didn't bring up the fact that nobody in their right mind would confuse his room for a girls room, considering it is filled with Legos, game systems, and -- on occasion-- a smell that can only be described as "sweaty-boy-stench".

Kyle didn't care if it appeared to be the door to a "girly room". In fact, knowing that his brother wasn't too excited about the new addition to their decor seemed to make him swell with pride at HIS choice of poster.

So, I'm sure you're wondering what macho poster Cameron picked as his prize...




a giant cartoon sticker sheet. ;0)


I sure love my manly men, and I'm proud of all the reading they did this summer!

1 comment:

Karen and Brent said...

You could look at it this way Kyle just got a pin up girl. boys put girls posters up all the time